- Day-to-day Activities
- Press Release
- News Clippings
- Photo Archives
- News feeds from Media
- FNCCI on Social Media
Releated News Clippings
- सोच बदलौं, कार्यशैली बदलौं, विकास सम्भव छ | March 18, 2018
- उद्योगका लागि चितवन उपयुक्त | February 15, 2018
- राष्ट्रिय उत्पादन दशक घोषणा गर्न माग | February 15, 2018
- SOUND INFRASTRUCTURAL SET-UP IN SPECIAL ECONOMIC ZONES, POLICY IMPLEMENTATION CRUCIAL TO ATTRACT INVESTORS, SAYS FNCCI | February 14, 2018
- Nepal-India passenger railway to resume in Oct | February 12, 2018
Rebound in Chinese Arrivals Cheers up Nepal's Tourism.
March 28, 2016
Mar 25, 2016- Chinese arrivals to Nepal shrank sharply following the 2015 killer earthquake and India’s trade embargo, dampening the enthusiasm of tourism entrepreneurs who had got their hopes up because of the fast rising market.
Visitors from the northern neighbour are valued as they have helped to pull up Nepal’s tourism industry after arrivals from the traditional European markets started trailing off due to political instability and a wobbly economy.
The earthquake and embargo coming one after the other led to arrivals from China dropping to a four-year low of 66,984 individuals in 2015, down 45.89 percent from the previous year. The freefall had spread concern among travel traders about a possible sustained downturn in tourism.
However, the figures for March have cheered up gloomy faces in the industry. “Chinese tourists are coming back to Nepal,” said Hari Sarmah, CEO of the Nepal Association of Tour and Travel Agents (Natta).
For more information please visit: http://kathmandupost.ekantipur.com/news/2016-03-25/rebound-in-chinese-arrivals-cheers-up-nepals-tourism.html
© Copyright 2005-2018 . All Rights Reserved. FNCCI.