Business Code of Conduct:
- This Code of Conduct shall be called Business Code of Conduct of FNCCI, 2061 and shall be referred to hereinafter as Code of Conduct.
- This Code of Conduct shall come into force immediately.
- Members of all associations and organizations affiliated to the FNCCI shall make special efforts in abiding by the terms enunciated in the Business Code of Conduct as follows.
- All members shall hereby undertake to:
- Refrain from engaging in business activities that goes against the interest of the State.
- Pay special attention to the protection and promotion of public welfare in the conduct of their business. Desist from activities that jeopardize fair conduct and public norms and values.
- Abstain from activities considered detrimental to the general health of the people.
- Maintain smooth supply of quality goods and services in the market at fair prices. The merchandise shall be of specified weights and standards. There shall be no adulteration.
- Refrain from activities likely to cause artificial shortages of goods in the market. In the event of any shortages, shall not conduct business at unfair prices.
- Abstain from the usage of merchandise or standards prohibited by law.
- Maintaining faith in fair business competition, provide maximum benefit to the consumers.
- Oppose monopolistic business practices and controlled supply systems (e.g. syndicates and cartels) and not be involved in any such groups or systems.
- Settle business disputes through mutual consultations in an amicable and lawful manner.
- Give precedence to business transparency.
- Make fair and proper utilization of credit and loans.
- Show special sensitivity towards environmental protection.
- Abide by prevalent statutes, laws and process.
- Submit documents, papers, statements of accounts as well as pay taxes, tariffs and levies as required by law in time.
- Abstain from dealing in any goods categorized as forbidden or banned by law.
- Refrain from providing donations or financial assistance to political parties or their leaders with considerations of bearing in business deals or for personal benefits.
- Fix a ceiling of the value of any gift or present to anyone as not to exceed Rs.5,000.
- Observe the Business Code of Conduct endorsed by the FNCCI by self as well as encourage others also to do likewise.