About the Award
The Federation of Nepalese Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FNCCI) is
the umbrella organization of the private sector of Nepal, representing more
than 80% of the industrial and business sectors of Nepal. FNCCI introduced
the National Excellence Award in the year 2001 to honor business
institutions, which have excelled in various aspects of their business. FNCCI
has been organizing this event for a number of years and therefore this award
has been able to create its own brand image in Nepal.
FNCCI National excellence award will comprise of nine main award categories
to help the organization know where they are on the excellence journey and
what they need to do to achieve a higher level of performance. They are as
- National Excellence (Large)
- National Excellence (Medium)
- National Excellence (Small)
- People Excellence (Large)
- People Excellence (Medium)
- People Excellence (Small)
- Service Excellence (Large)
- Service Excellence (Medium)
- Service Excellence (Small)
- National Excellence Award (Large, Medium and Small) - To recognize companies/individuals
who, despite the adverse and difficult business environment, have excelled
in doing business in the most efficient and appropriate manner thereby contributing
in the growth of national economy. The award is also intended to promote performance
excellence for sustainable growth and development of the enterprise through
information sharing about policies, strategies and procedure adopted by successful
- People Excellence Award (Large, Medium and Small) To recognize organizations
that have excelled in developing employees for business success.
- Service Excellence Award (Large, Medium and Small) To recognize organizations
that have developed outstanding management capabilities to drive and sustain
customer service excellence for business success.
This year besides 9 core awards for Large, medium and small enterprises,
FNCCI have introduced another 5 awards, which are as follows:
- Best Brand Peoples Choice Award (Local origin) and Best Brand
Peoples Choice Award (Multinational origin) To recognize
Nepalese companies that have invested in their brands to achieve success and
to increase the awareness of branding as a key strategic competency for all
the Nepalese companies.
- Business Person of The Year Editors Choice Award To recognize
the accomplishment of a business owner who has succeeded through innovation
and risktaking or achieved success in introducing new products or services
or growing an existing product line through a unique approach.
- NRN Business Person of the year - to honor the talent and achievement
of those Nepalese who are residing outside the country
- NYEF Young Achievers Award (Male) and NYEF Young Achievers
Award (female) to recognize excellent young entrepreneurs who are successful
in their business.
- Lifetime Achievement Award to recognize recipients for outstanding
achievements in their professional lives, personal integrity and stature and
service to the nation
For these 5 awards, we have created an autonomous Committee that will follow
transparent and competitive procedure in selecting, short-listing and choosing
the deserving candidate for the award.